May 20, 2013

EATING AFTER PREMOLAR EXTRACTIONS?

Original Puffcorn Delites
MIKE-SELL'S PUFFCORN DELITES..... I have lightly sucked on these since day 2 after the extractions. It is not nutrient rich, oh no. But I have gotten soooo tired of the baby-foodish diet that I needed to feel like I was having a "treat".

May 20 ( 4 days after)

The Post Extraction Diet:


Pureed Butternut Squash:
1 Squash. Boiled (or baked). Skin removed. Dab of butter. 1 tbsp brown sugar. Salt to taste. Mash with fork (or kitchen utensil of choice) and ....eat. (Or more like, lick off spoon).

Porridge

8 cups water. Bring to a boil. Add 2 cups cornmeal, 1 cup Cream of wheat. 1/2 can of coconut milk. About 1/2 cup of sugar. 1 tbsp butter. Salt to taste. 1 cup coconut milk. 1/2 cup condensed milk (if you want it super creamy). Stir in cornmeal a little at a time ANd  keep stirring. (it clumps otherwise) Add other ingredients and keep stirring. Let cook n low heat for about 30 mins). Serve warm/room temp because of achy sockets....

Avocado MilkShake

1 Small Avocado. Blended in with 2 cups Almond (or other milk substitute of choice) milk. 1 dash of nutmeg or cinammon. Sugar to taste. 1tsp vanilla.

The first day after, the sockets were sore. Not painful really, and I was still surprised by the low amount of pain but eating would definately be a challenge as getting anything IN the sockets would most likely HURT!!!  I had already made a large pot of porridge (caribbean islanders and many europeans know about Porridge, but for those who dont...well, it sorta looks like what I envisioned prison food to resemble. But I like it...and its been a major source of sustenance for days now. I also ate tuna with mayo, mashed up. I also ate sardines with mayo (mashed up) but the resulting bad breath was not worth it. I am soooooooooo ready for solid food now though...

No comments:

Post a Comment