December 9, 2011

An "Opened" Book

We are but specs on this vast planet.
We are a network of cells, existing until we no longer exist.
At our incepetion, we survive and thrive through interdependence, drawing others in to the coveted real estate within our minds, our bodies even! Then the webs we form are beautiful...

In the rush and bustle of daily life,  smooshed between the noiseless moments, we realize...or at least I have realized, that at the best of times, we are all of us, just Ordinary People...(Cue: that Legend song)
And somewhere in between, the luckiest of us find love.
Love, in her many forms. That schizophrenic,  cross dressing shape shifter of an emotion...that same love that we all embrace.

Before time on earth began, one, religiously oriented, may wonder whether or not a true "blank canvas" has ever been in existence. It is that time...long long ago I am sure that the essence of me, of you...of everyone that ever was and will be was created.

I am a piece of my mother, and a portion of my father. I am what I have chosen to be, and I bear the imprint of my time on mother earth, proudly.
My skin can still tell you that this woman wears the warm sunkissed balm of her Jamaican island home, best. And my heart can tell you that, depsite  every steel cold hurdle that I have ever faced here, in this mercurial land, the United States of America is still the best place on earth for dreamers, like myself.
Now, for those that groom their wings each day for flight, prepared to soar or fight what drifting gales they find? Ain't no better place than the lofty perch one can attain here, where the broad stripes and bright stars sing 300 million different tunes and counting...for each and every soul.

And at day's end...there is just a little bit more to me than there was yesterday, with a little bit more of me left elsewhere with someone else.
Thats how it should be, really...as we welcome the world in, one person at a time.
And I am left thinking....who else can I impact today?

1 comment:

  1. I think or hope that most people want to leave something behind once they've left this dimension. You want to know that you've served a purpose. Like you said.."We are only specs in this vast planet" What impact will you have? Hmmmmmmmmm.. Deep.. <3 it.

    ReplyDelete