March 12, 2012

AFTER THE FINAL ROSE: He Chose COURTNEY---the Blindfolds fell off, Now what?

Photo Courtesy of ABC
Ok...I am done gasping in non-shock.
I was sincerely hoping that this would turn out differently! I am such a sucker! Despite everything I was hoping that ABC had somehow managed to dupe us all---and that he was really waking UP at the last minute--- and that yes, Ben had indeed chosen Lindzi (or even better yet! Ben places a call to Courtney B, as he leans dramatically over some random, windy ledge there in Switzerland and says he never meant to let her go and that it was her all along that he's loved and that his heart was finally speaking louder than his ADDLE BRAINED PECKER and....ok...I truly digress).
So we may as well face it: ABC is doing this purely for entertainment purposes right now. You are more likely to "find love" if cast on the next season of MTV's: The Real World or better yet, first round of auditions during American Idol or X-Factor...if you are lucky! (I actually still have hopes that my first message to ABC's producers will actually get through to them, because I do think they seriously need to switch it up!)

And everybody out there that has complained about the Bachelor not even being worthy of watching? Well, it sure was! Weren't you entertained tonight? Come on...be honest! I have to admit that 1/2 hour in, I actually even started liking Courtney (eternal optimist here, hoping that yes...she is totally a wonderful girl and everyone else was wrong!). I mean, people! I expect anything at this point! They could be married by next week and pregnant already! Who knows?? That girl has certainly got a way about her! But man oh man, when it all came crashing down, and Ben's eyes finally saw the light, it still left me feeling bad for him,  and for her...because really, they are "just ordinary people". (Cue Mr. Legend...). Lets just hope they know which way to go...since at this point, as of 3/12/2012, they are "together".

If nothing else, you turned the TV off feeling blessed to be YOU, feeling better about your own life! I know I did! Yes...I am disappointed in yet another season's ending. Yes, I wanted a shocking Fairy Tale ending (despite the loudly buzzing rumour mill, the tabloid stories and the obviously worst kept secret in the industry of him having picked Courtney!), but instead I got some shockingly black finale dresses! Seriously...aside from my flimsy wishes for this dude, who died?! And yes, I even ---sort of--- told myself to to tune out right after Casey B's vote-off! But yes...just like everyone else who stayed to the end to watch the show's finale tonight, it was still wildly entertaining! And I will be back for more next season.

Yup, I am a sucker for this show!
And ABC...if you are listening (which I know you are not! LOL) time for a remix please.
Also...please do a return of a dashing foreigner then...or at least, a handsome man with a kind heartAnd a clear head! And real true, honest intentions! Then again, those sorts of men are probably down at the grocery store, happily tossing steak and a choice bunch of kale into their trollies.  Or probably he is a click away on Match.com and this type of man would most certainly want nothing to do with the likes of the Bachelor so...yeah.  Just another gripe from another fan...who is still hoping for Change.

PS: Congrats to JP and Ashley! They have set a date! Ok...a timeline! Lets hope they make it! Cheers!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/23/ashley-hebert-wedding_n_1168071.html
**THANKS FOR READING! If you like what you have read so far, please subscribe to my blog (or any of your other favorite blogs) through www.BlogLovin.com. Next in my series of posts? Hair Growth Products! Tested for two years!**

2 comments:

  1. I like to know what most men think about his choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you asked!!! My husband actually started watching the series with me and it was soooo interesting to hear the male point of view as things progressed! (I should let him answer this question!LOL) He actually guessed which girl Ben would eliminate every week and every week he got it right! From his point of view, he realized that Ben had made his mind up from the very beginning...perhaps a "love at first site" sort of deal. My husband thinks that Ben chose to eliminate every single woman that posed any threat at all to Courtney (whether realistically---like Courtney B, as she was a GREAT pick, or temptation wise---like Blakely, the pretty red head and Emily the epidimiologist!)

    He went as far as saying that Lindzi was his last choice as she was the least likely to even present a challenge. (I thought so too as, well, Lindzi was barely on the radar until the last minute it seems!). And finally...my husband thinks that Ben and Courtney belong together. He actually hopes they work, but he believes that both Ben and Courtney were at similar maturity levels, and therefore belong together so that they can grow together. (The other girls, far more mature and ready for marriage and kids, probably weren't his best bet afterall.)

    Thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete